Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Hons)
My name is Nichola Phillips and my business is Kick Start Occupational Therapy. I graduated from the University of Queensland as an Occupational Therapist in 2010. Since graduating I have worked in a variety of settings, from hospitals to specialized schools and have had experience with children of all ages from 0-16 years. I have worked with children and adolescents with a broad range of diagnosis and challenges. Common issues with which I have had experience assisting families include:
- Developing independence in every day tasks;
- Mealtime and feeding difficulties;
- Support with school skills such as handwriting, scissor skills and reading;
- Development of play and social skills;
- The ability to complete tasks and learning to follow routines; and
- Helping children feel confident and willing to engage in everyday occupations.
I look forward to meeting and working with your child to improve their development and overall quality of life.